Coconut Grove Woman's Club 2985 S. Bayshore Dr.
In 1891, Flora McFarlane, South Florida’s first woman homesteader, organized the Housekeeper’s Club to bring the women of the community together. Originally they met at the little schoolhouse. The present building, designed by Walter DeGarmo with native oolitic limestone (“coral rock”), opened in 1921. In 1957, the club changed its name to the Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove. (NR) Flora McFarlane was the first President of the club.