One of the largest fountains in South Florida is at the entrance to Fulford By-The-Sea. It was planned to be one of five fountains to be built at each of the main entrances to the area.
This fountain is listed today as a Dade Historical Site and is known as the Fulford Monument, the prominent feature of today's North Miami Beach city logo.
Mr. Allen made plans for a "perfect city" calling for 80-foot wide residential streets and 100 and 125-foot wide business thoroughfares. North Miami Beach's street layout is as the pioneer pictured it in 1917 with wide avenues named Fulford Boulevard (now known as NE 172nd Street) and Flagler Boulevard (now known as NE 19th Avenue). The Fulford-by-the-Sea Company began selling lots in 1922.