Edison Courts Between NW 62nd and 67th Streets and 2nd and 4th Avenues.
During the Great Depression, the Works Progress Administration (WPA) hired many local architects, contractors and workers to construct public works projects in Miami. The 345-unit Edison Courts, completed in 1941 and designed by the firm of Paist and Stewart with associate architects Robert Law Weed, Vladimir Virrick and E.L. Robertson, provided public housing for white people. It was similar in scale and design to Liberty Square for Blacks (1936) designed by the same firm. Both projects were integrated in the 1960s.Edison Courts has maintained most of its historic ambience and is a wonderful example of WPA craftsmanship and design.