Fort Dallas (William English Plantation) Lummus Park, 404 NW 3rd Street
Year Built: circa 1844
This native oolitic limestone building was constructed around 1844 as slave quarters on William English's plantation located near the mouth of the Miami River. The building served as a U .S. Army barracks after Fort Dallas was reestablished here in 1849 and 1855 during the Second and Third Seminole Wars. Moved to Lummus Park in 1925, Fort Dallas is one of only two surviving buildings from Miami's pioneer era, the other being the William Wagner House, also located in Lummus Park.