North Miami Beach Welcome to the city that has it all... the perfect location, climate, and environment for success. North Miami Beach and Now More Beautiful! Planned as a "perfect city" in 1917, North Miami Beach, Florida still has the same street layout.
North Miami Beach (commonly referred to as NMB) is a city in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Originally named Fulford in 1926 after Captain William H. Fulford of the United States Coast Guard, the city was incorporated in 1927 as Fulford, but was renamed North Miami Beach in 1931.
One of the largest fountains in South Florida is at the entrance to Fulford By-The-Sea. It was planned to be one of five fountains to be built at each of the main entrances to the area.
This fountain is listed today as a Dade Historical Site and is known as the Fulford Monument, the prominent feature of today's North Miami Beach city logo.
NMB's renaissance is much about Boulevards. Fulford City Center is centered on Hanford Boulevard (NE 164th Street). Hanford Boulevard is undergoing a major renovation with wide, pedestrian-friendly sidewalks, lots of trees, banners and decorative lighting.