Lincoln Memorial Park 3001 NW 46 St.
Miami, FL 33142
Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery established in 1924, houses 538 burial plots on a land area of 4,202 square feet. A beautiful restored coral rock archway graces the NW 46 Street entrance. Kelsey Pharr, a renowned Black funeral director, purchased Lincoln Memorial in 1937 from F.B. Miller, a White realtor.
Noted pioneers buried in Lincoln Memorial include Pharr; Dr. William Sawyer, Miami-Dade’s first Black physician and founder of Christian Hospital; H.E.S. Reeves, founder of the Miami Times, the county’s oldest Black-owned newspaper; D.A. Dorsey, Miami’s first Black millionaire; and Rev. John Culmer, rector of the Historical St. Agnes Episcopal Church in Overtown. Both Evergreen Memorial Park and Lincoln Memorial are known for their above-ground burial vaults.