Greynold's Park is a 265-acre oasis in bustling North Miami Beach. Historically, the park was a stop over for the Tequesta Indians (200 A.D.) who traveled the Oleta River (on the eastern side of the park). Later, Seminole Indians used the park as a trading post.
After the land was donated to Miami-Dade County in 1936, the Civilian Conservation Corps began building the park. Many of the structures built by these workers still exist.
The Coral Rock boathouse, is one of the original structures built by the Civilian Conservation Corps.