Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Description: Storm Surge Planning Zones
The description of Storm Surge Planning Zones is as follows:
- Zone A is at greatest risk for storm surge for Category 1 and higher storms.
- Zone B is at greatest risk for storm surge for Category 2 and higher storms.
- Zone C is at greatest risk for storm surge for Category 3 and higher storms.
- Zone D is at greatest risk for storm surge for Category 4 and higher storms.
- Zone E is at greatest risk for storm surge from Category 5 storms.
The Storm Surge Planning Zones are used to identify risk of storm surge and is based on all directions of storms. As a storm is approaching, Miami-Dade County Emergency Management will identify which areas should evacuate for that particular storm. Evacuation Zones will be all of or a portion of the Storm Surge Planning Zones. Residents should monitor the media and listen for which areas are being told to evacuate.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.