At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Training and Exercises
Training is an essential part of the DAE program. It occurs during working hours usually between the months of April and July.
Emergency Management related courses will be offered throughout the year to further the understanding of emergency management.
In some cases, employees may be required to undertake Incident Command System (ICS), as well as National Incident Management System training to ensure compliance with federal requirements. Additionally, DAEs may be requested to participate in drills and exercises conducted by the Miami-Dade Emergency Management (MDEM).
Recommended ICS courses for all DAE personnel from the Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) Institute:
- IS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-700: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
Disaster Assistance Employees (DAE) Presentations
- Employee Wellness Teams slides - ISD (13 MB)
- Shuttering Program slides (1.7 MB)
- Points of Distribution (POD) slides (2 MB)
- DAE Call Center slides (8 MB)
- Hurricane Evacuation Centers slides (2.2 MB)
- Disaster Assistance Center (DAC) slides (7.4 MB)
- Mobile Assistance Team (MAT) slides (8.3 MB)
- Employee Volunteer Staging Area slides (3.17 MB)
- EOC Support Training Slides (4.45 MB)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.