Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Training and Exercises
Training is an essential part of the DAE program. It occurs during working hours usually between the months of April and July.
Emergency Management related courses will be offered throughout the year to further the understanding of emergency management.
In some cases, employees may be required to undertake Incident Command System (ICS), as well as National Incident Management System training to ensure compliance with federal requirements. Additionally, DAEs may be requested to participate in drills and exercises conducted by the Miami-Dade Emergency Management (MDEM).
Recommended ICS courses for all DAE personnel from the Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) Institute:
- IS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-700: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
Disaster Assistance Employees (DAE) Presentations
- Employee Wellness Teams slides - ISD (13 MB)
- Employee Wellness Teams slides - County Counselors (1.23 MB)
- Shuttering Program slides (1.7 MB)
- Points of Distribution (POD) slides (2 MB)
- DAE Call Center slides (8 MB)
- Hurricane Evacuation Centers slides (2.2 MB)
- Disaster Assistance Center (DAC) slides (7.4 MB)
- Mobile Assistance Team (MAT) slides (8.3 MB)
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.