Canceled per Emergency Order 24-20
WHEREAS, Section 252.38(3)(a), Florida Statutes, gives political subdivisions the authority to declare and enact a State of Local Emergency for a period of up to seven days, thereby waiving the procedures and formalities otherwise required of the political subdivision by law; and
WHEREAS, on March 1, 2020, the Governor of Florida issued Executive Order Number 20-51, directing the State Health Officer and Surgeon General to declare a Public Health Emergency due to the discovery of COVID-19/novel Coronavirus in Florida; and
WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, the Governor of Florida issued Executive Order Number 20-52, declaring a State of Emergency for the state of Florida related to COVID-19/novel Coronavirus; and
WHEREAS, on March 12, 2020, the County Mayor declared a State of Emergency for all of Miami-Dade County; and
WHEREAS, COVID-19/novel Coronavirus poses a health risk to Miami-Dade County residents, particularly elderly residents and those who are immunosuppressed or otherwise have high-risk medical conditions; and
WHEREAS, minimization of social contact is necessary to avoid risk of COVID-19 infection for the residents of the County; and
WHEREAS, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued guidance entitled “15 Days to Slow the Spread,” encouraging social distancing and maintaining a six foot separation between residents to slow the spread of infection and that events with more than 10 attendees either be cancelled or held virtually,
THEREFORE, as County Mayor of Miami-Dade County, I hereby order:
- All establishments which are defined as essential commercial or retail establishment in Emergency Order 07-20, as amended from time to time, shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that customers and employees on site maintain appropriate social distancing, as recommended by the current CDC guidance, particularly in checkout, pick-up, or take-out areas and also in employee breakrooms and common use areas. Reasonable efforts may include, but are not limited to, marking floors at appropriate intervals or providing other visible systems to allow persons to maintain proper social distancing.
- This Order is supplemental to any prior order.
- The provisions of this order shall serve as minimum standards. Municipalities may impose more stringent standards within their jurisdictions.
- This order shall be effective immediately.
- This order shall expire upon the expiration of the existing Miami-Dade County State of Local Emergency, except that if such State of Local Emergency is extended, this order shall also be deemed to extend for the duration of such extension. This order may be cancelled earlier by action of the County Mayor.
- This order shall be provided to all appropriate media consistent with the requirements of section 8B-7(2)(n) of the Code of Miami-Dade County.