The Miami-Dade Police Department has temporarily suspended all eviction activities until further notice.
In addition, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has extended the mortgage foreclosure and eviction relief emergency order until September 1 at 12:01 a.m.
Individuals and/or families who have experienced a significant loss of income, become unemployed, underemployed and/or experienced unexpected expenses as a result of COVID-19 and are residents of Miami-Dade County can apply for assistance.
The application is available in English, Spanish and Creole. For more information, call 305-646-7068.
- The program is only open to current Miami-Dade County residents
- Applicants who have experienced a significant loss of income, become unemployed, and/or experienced unexpected expenses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The hardship assistance amount will be determined based on multiple criteria including:
- Household size
- Household income
- Proof of Miami-Dade County residency
- Florida-issued Driver’s License or photo ID
- Substitute form of photo ID (passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- Utility bill/statement verifying the applicant’s name and address
- 2018/2019 tax returns
- 2 months of bank statements (if tax returns are unavailable)
- Verification of financial hardship or loss of income (notice from employer regarding employment status)
- Document/image verifying bank account information for an electronic funds transfer (if applicable)
The number to call is 305-614-1716 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
Miami-Dade County's Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is providing COVID-19 crisis assistance to qualified residents who are experiencing a hardship in paying their home energy bill due to the pandemic. Eligible households can receive up to $2,000 within a 12-month period.
Read about eligibility requirements and how to apply online, by mail or dropping off your application at a Community Resource Center.
Leaving Miami-Dade County
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.