Transit Service Updates
Transit fares and parking fees are coming back June 1, 2021
Transit riders can purchase mobile passes, which will be pre-loaded within the GO Miami-Dade Transit app beginning Thursday, May 20. Learn more (link to the fare reinstatement news page).
STS fares will be reinstated starting June 1, 2021. The cost per trip is $3.50. Learn more.
All Transit riders must wear face coverings, per Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 20-20. Riders in violation of this order will be denied boarding or removed from our transit system.The following actions have been taken to ensure the safety of transit operators, employees and riders:
- Suspended fares for all Miami-Dade Transit services, including parking fees, until June 1, 2021
- Auto reloads for monthly pass customers are also suspended
- Metrobus customers are once again required to board through the vehicle's front entrance. Accommodations for riders with disabilities will continue to be made
- Converting the current cabin partition for operators into a full-enclosure shield on all 767 Metrobuses, limiting unnecessary interactions between operators and passengers
- Blocked seats closer to operator's cabin to ensure social distancing
- Distributed masks to maintenance and construction employees
- Distributed surgical masks, KN95 masks, plastic face shields, hand sanitizer bottles, gloves and wipes to operators
- Increased cleaning schedules for all vehicles, which are also being disinfected several times a day
- Employees over 65 or with underlying medical conditions were offered to stay at home with pay or work from home
- Began temperature checks for all employees and visitors at all garages and facilities
- Purchased additional tables and rented tents for bus maintenance garages to enable social distancing between employees
- Service adjustments are not reflected on the schedule posted online. Please track your trip via the Go Miami-Dade Transit app via the map feature.