This year, Thanksgiving takes place on Thursday, Nov. 26. Before you celebrate Turkey Day with your loved ones, read up on resources to ensure your Thanksgiving is celebrated safely.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27.
- Transportation and Public Works will operate on a Sunday schedule Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26, and a regular weekday schedule Friday, Nov. 27.
- Solid Waste Management will operate on a normal schedule.
- Miami-Dade Public Libraries will be closed from Thursday, Nov. 26 through Saturday, Nov. 28.
- While Thanksgiving is a time to gather with family and close friends, this can increase your chance of exposure to COVID-19. Read these guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that can keep you safer.
- If you are meeting with people outside of your household, take precautions and get tested for COVID-19.
- Read the New Normal website for the latest updates, important notices and safety guidelines relating to COVID-19 in our County.
- If you're cooking at home, don't dump oil down the drain, as that can cause clogs and damage. Remember to can the grease.
- Read some more cooking safety tips to make sure your Thanksgiving dinner goes off without a hitch.
- The holidays shouldn't be a pain. Read some holiday safety tips to make sure you stay safe in all aspects of the holiday season.