File Number: 031373
|File Number: 031373||File Type: Report||Status: Before the Board|
|Version: 0||Reference:||Control: County Commission|
|Requester: NONE||Cost:||Final Action:|
|Sunset Provision: No||Effective Date:||Expiration Date:|
|Registered Lobbyist:||None Listed|
|Acting Body||Date||Agenda Item||Action||Sent To||Due Date||Returned||Pass/Fail|
|Board of County Commissioners||5/6/2003||10B2 SUBSTITUTE||Deferred||5/20/2003|
|REPORT:||During consideration of changes to today's agenda, the Board deferred the foregoing report to May 20, 2003. Commissioner Heyman noted the foregoing report was being deferred in order to establish a comprehensive guideline for fee waivers and in-kind services.|
Fee Waiver/In-Kind Services Guidelines
The following guidelines are suggested for determining how fee waivers or in-kind service requests can be evaluated for the use of Miami-Dade County Parks and Recreation and cultural facilities, equipment and services.
What is the nature of event or activity_________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I. The organization, agency or department should show that the event and/or activity supports one or more of the following:
1. ( ( Economic Development: Does the program or activity support the vitality of the local economy by attracting new business and/or business activity to the community? If yes, please explain.
2. ( ( Youth and Education: Does the program or event benefit youth of any age, social or economic circumstance; offer educational curriculum? If yes, please explain.
3. ( ( Health and Social Services: Does the program or event support health-related causes and/or social programs or institutions that improve quality of life within the community? If yes, please explain.
4. ( ( Arts and Culture: Does the program or event support music, theatre, literature, art or culture? If yes, please explain.
5. ( ( Environmental: Does this program or event support environmental
concerns or conservation interests? If yes, please explain.
II. The following organization or agency information is to be provided by the requesting group representative:
1. Agency/Organization Funding Source/Status: (check all appropriate; if more than one, specify percentage)
* For Profit
* Not-For-Profit or Tax Exempt
* Government Revenue or Grant
* Voluntary Donations
* Other (specify) __________________________________________
2. Agency/Organization Structure:
What is the nature of agency/organization?_____________________
Percentage of Organization volunteers ________________
Number of staff/Board Officers ____ salary _____ volunteers _____
What is organization's mission ______________________________
III. What level of services are being asked for in the fee waiver or in-kind request?
( Requesting a Full Fee Waiver for facility and/or services (circle choice)
( Requesting to pay the direct cost only (to be determined by P&R staff)
( Requesting use of equipment and/or manpower (circle choice)
( If event or activity is a fundraiser, what percentage is returned to community/charity as in-kind product, services or funds? ___________________
( Is the event taking place on County property or facility, municipality or on private/commercial property?
1. The requesting organization is a non-for-profit 501c(3) in the State of Florida, or other government body or agency.
2. Fee waiver, in-kind or fee reduction requests must be consistent with the policy of Miami-Dade County, be used for public purposes and benefit County residents; including safety.
3. Fee waiver or fee reduction requests involving permits should be considered carefully before approval.
4. Fee Waiver, fee reduction or requests for in-kind service should be submitted to the applicable department(s), or if sponsored by a County Commissioner through Parks and the Recreation and Cultural Affairs Committee with applicable information attached as part of the resolution.
5. Event organizers must personally meet with MDPD and MDFR representatives to discuss provision of police and/or fire services, if security/safety services are requested.
6. Police and Fire in-kind services will be provided to municipalities after the entity has exhausted all reasonable internal resources. This will include cancellation of off-duty employment and scheduled annual and training leave to ensure the highest number of available officers to provide basic services.
7. In the case of municipalities, the requesting entity will seek assistance from other appropriate cities pursuant to existing mutual aid agreements.
8. The requesting entity will provide a detailed written request at least 90 business days prior to the event. The request must provide a detailed explanation of requested services. On safety and security requests, MDPD and MDFR will have sole discretion in determining the appropriate level of support required. The request must typed and include:
* Insurance policies and permits (attached)
* Description of any ancillary services that will be utilized
* Description of special measures taken to maximize allocation of internal resources
* Description of prior event/activity
* Daily/hourly event schedule and event calendar
* Expected number of participants and estimated attendance
* Physical address of event, traffic flow and security concerns & maps if appropriate.
ALL PAPERWORK SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
CHAIR, BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
111 NW 1 STREET
MIAMI, FL 33128
FOR APPROPRIATE REFERRAL.
C:\DOCUME~1\BJW1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Guidelines for Fee WaiverIn-kind Service Parks.doc
Fee Waiver and In-kind Service Request
E-mail your comments,
questions and suggestions to