File Number: 140188
|Printable PDF Format Clerk's Official Copy|
|File Number: 140188||File Type: Resolution||Status: Adopted|
|Version: 0||Reference: R-200-14||Control: Board of County Commissioners|
|Requester: Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces||Cost:||Final Action: 3/4/2014|
|Sunset Provision: No||Effective Date:||Expiration Date:|
|Registered Lobbyist:||None Listed|
|Acting Body||Date||Agenda Item||Action||Sent To||Due Date||Returned||Pass/Fail|
|Board of County Commissioners||3/4/2014||3B6||Adopted||P|
|County Attorney||1/27/2014||Assigned||Miguel A. Gonzalez||1/27/2014|
|County Mayor||1/24/2014||Assigned||County Attorney||3/4/2014|
|REPORT:||PROS (consent agenda) - no cmte or sponsor required - Attachments: None|
|County Mayor||1/24/2014||Assigned||Lisa Martinez||1/24/2014|
RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING SUBMITTAL OF A GRANT APPLICATION FOR $256,470 IN GRANT FUNDS FROM THE FLORIDA INLAND NAVIGATION DISTRICT, WATERWAYS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (FIND-WAP) 2014 WITH A COUNTY MATCH OF $295,870 TO FUND CONSTRUCTION OF WET-SLIPS FRAMEWORKS AT PELICAN HARBOR MARINA AND FURTHER AUTHORIZING THE COUNTY MAYOR OR COUNTY MAYOR’S DESIGNEE TO RECEIVE AND EXPEND FUNDS, AND EXECUTE GRANT AWARD AGREEMENTS, AMENDMENTS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY THE GRANT, UPON REVIEW AND FINAL APPROVAL OF THE COUNTY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE FOR LEGAL SUFFICIENCY
WHEREAS, this Board desires to accomplish the purposes outlined in the accompanying memorandum, a copy of which is incorporated herein by reference,
WHEREAS, Miami Dade County is interested in carrying out the following described project for the enjoyment of the citizenry of Miami-Dade County and the State of Florida:
Project Title Construction of Replacement Wet-Slips Frameworks at Pelican Harbor Marina
Total Estimated Cost up to $552,340
Brief Description of Project: Construction of replacement wet-slips frameworks at Pelican Harbor Marina
AND, Florida Inland Navigation District financial assistance is required for the program mentioned above,
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA, that this board authorizes the described project and authorizes submittal of a grant application for $256,470 in grant funds from the Florida Inland Navigation District, Waterways Assistance Program, representing 47% of total cost of the project, to construct replacement wet-slips frameworks at Pelican Harbor Marina with a County match of $295,870 from Florida Boating Improvement Program Vessel Fees Allocation Fund (Index Code PRE130935014);
AND, be it further resolved by Miami-Dade County that it certifies to the following:
1. That it will accept the terms and conditions set forth in FIND Rule 66B-2 F.A.C. and which will be a part of the Project Agreement for any assistance awarded under the attached proposal.
2. That it is in complete accord with the attached proposal and that it will carry out the Program in the manner described in the proposal and any plans and specifications attached thereto unless prior approval for any change has been received from the District.
3. That it has the ability and intention to finance its share of the cost of the project and that the project will be operated and maintained at the expense of said Miami-Dade County for public use.
4. That it will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color or national origin in the use of any property or facility acquired or developed pursuant to this proposal, and shall comply with the terms and intent of the Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, P. L. 88-352 (1964) and design and construct all facilities to comply fully with statutes relating to accessibility by handicapped persons as well as other federal, state and local laws, rules and requirements.
5. That it will maintain adequate financial records on the proposed project to substantiate claims for reimbursement.
6. That it will make available to FIND if requested, a post-audit of expenses incurred
on the project prior to, or in conjunction with, request for the final 10% of the funding agreed to
To: Honorable Chairwoman Rebeca Sosa
and Members, Board of County Commissioners
From: Carlos A. Gimenez
Subject: Resolution Authorizing Submittal of a Grant Application to Florida Inland Navigation District, Waterways
Assistance Program for $256,470 With a County Match of $295,870 to Construct Replacements of Wet-slips
Frameworks at Pelican Harbor Marina
It is recommended that the Board of County Commissioners (Board) authorize the Mayor or County Mayor’s designee to apply for Florida Inland Navigation District Waterways Assistance Program (FIND) for $256,470 with matching County funds of $295,870 to construct replacements of wet-slips frameworks at Pelican Harbor Marina. It is further recommended that the Board authorize the County Mayor or County Mayor’s designee to receive and expend funds and execute grant contracts, amendments and other documents as required by the grant upon review and final approval by the County Attorney’s Office.
Pelican Harbor Marina is located at 1275 N. E. 79th Street, Miami, in Commission District 3, Commissioner Audrey Edmonson
FISCAL IMPACT/FUNDING SOURCE
The total cost of the project is $552,340. If awarded, the grant will provide funds of $256,470.
PROS Index Code PRE130935014, Florida Boating Improvement Program Vessel Fees Allocation Fund, will provide $295,870 of project funding. The project solely replaces existing facilities therefore no additional operating costs will be incurred from completion of this project.
PROS’ Grants Specialist, Joyce Denny, will manage and monitor the grants funds.
FIND is a Special State Taxing District for the continued management and maintenance of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. This project will replace wet-slips frameworks at Pelican Harbor Marina The application is due April 1, 2014, and is required to be accompanied by the adopted resolution. If awarded, the grant term will begin October 2014 and end September 2016. The project is scheduled to be completed within the grant term, but, if needed, a one year term extension is allowed upon request.
Lisa M. Martinez, Senior Advisor
Office of the Mayor
E-mail your comments,
questions and suggestions to