As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Green Business Resources
Miami-Dade County is helping businesses go above and beyond basic green measures. For example, to assist businesses interested in making their operations more sustainable, the County has available a series of checklists and resource guides to help with the energy, water and waste-reduction goals for your business.
Green Business Resource Guides
- Use this self-evaluation Green Business Checklist to assess your business practices and calculate a green rating score based on best management practices for business sustainability.
- Conserve energy by using fluorescent lighting and Energy Star-rated equipment.
- Conserve water through the use of low-flow toilets and water flow restrictors. Energy is needed to deliver water, so every unit of water conserved saves several pounds of CO2.
- Reduce waste by recycling, composting and using materials with recycled content. The manufacture, distribution and use of products – as well as dealing with the resulting waste – all require the use of energy, resulting in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Take steps to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for their employees and customers by using less-toxic products .
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.