Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Commercial rebate funds are NO longer available, and the program is now closed.
Through the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant program, Miami-Dade County provided $1 million in commercial rebates to local Miami-Dade businesses for the purchase of new ENERGY STAR appliances or select equipment. This federally-funded program was offered to decrease energy consumption and increase savings on local businesses’ energy bills by encouraging the replacement of older and inefficient appliances or select equipment.
While funds are no longer available, Miami-Dade businesses are encouraged to replace inefficient appliances with ENERGY STAR qualified products, when feasible. In addition, Miami-Dade County offers a FREE Green Business Certification program to help local businesses maximize their social, ecological and financial performance. Be sure to complete the Green Business Application Checklist in order to measure how green your business operations are and have an opportunity to meet all required measures.
Resource for Rebate Applications in Process
This information is provided to assist businesses with Commercial Rebate applications already in process.
- Equipment: Select ENERGY STAR-qualified appliances or select equipment. Once approved by County, purchase & install the ENERGY STAR-qualified appliance(s) or select equipment. Miami-Dade County reserves the right to make an additional inspection to verify appliance(s) or equipment installation.
- Recycling: Recycle or dispose of old appliances or select equipment according to federal and state laws and regulations. Ensure, and provide proof, the old appliance is not resold or put back into service.
- Refer to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) list of companies that demanufacture and recycle televisions, computers and other electronic equipment. By providing this list, DEP and Miami-Dade County do not endorse specific equipment or companies.
- Application Package: required documentation to complete your application packet include.
- Completed & signed Miami-Dade County Application Form
- Original purchase receipt for the approved Energy Star-qualified appliance(s) or select equipment. IMPORTANT: Appliances(s) or equipment name and model number must be printed on receipt.
- Original & completed W-9 Form
- Copy of the Miami-Dade County Local Business Tax receipt, if applicable
- Copy of the Miami-Dade County Certificate of Use, if applicable
- Proof of appliance(s)/select equipment recycling or disposal (Payment will not be processed without this documentation)
- If possible, completed Florida Power & Light (FPL)/Homestead Energy Services Account Release Form
- Mail completed Application Packages to:
Miami-Dade Commercial Rebate Program
Office of Sustainability
111 NW 1st Street, 22nd Floor
Miami, FL 33128
- Rebate Check: Once the Application Package is reviewed for compliance, and a rebate check will be issued for the agreed upon amount. The rebate amount is determined on a case-by-case basis. Rebate checks are made payable to the business name as it appears on this application form and the Miami-Dade County Local Business Tax receipt. Rebate checks will be mailed within 30 days of rebate approval.
For more information, email email@example.com.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.