We celebrate the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the New World on Monday, Oct. 8.
Take advantage of a fun-filled long weekend and note Miami-Dade County schedule changes and safety tips.
Trick or Treat!
Halloween takes place this year on Wednesday, Oct. 31st.
Before getting your costume ready, take some time to read about Miami-Dade County activities and resources sure to make your Halloween the spookiest ever.
This Veterans Day, Monday, Nov. 12th, join Miami-Dade County in honoring the sacrifices of our military personnel.
Check out events and activities going on around the County.
Thanksgiving takes place on Nov. 22 this year.
Before you give thanks and celebrate the holiday with loved ones, take some time to read about Miami-Dade County activities and resources sure to make your Thanksgiving the best ever.
Fall season is a time for celebrating, and Miami-Dade County has plenty of ideas to help you and your family enjoy it. Find a variety of activities, events and safety tips in order to make this fall season one to remember.
- Miami-Dade County is hosting and supporting a number of events in October to raise awareness of breast cancer. Visit Making Strides to find out what you can do to get involved and support programs that will help lives.
- The Fall Fine Art Exhibit "Cutler to Paris" will be on display at the Deering Estate at Cutler from Oct.13 - Nov. 2, from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. The exhibit is free with Estate admission.
- Taste fine French wines and delicious cuisine at the 11th Annual "Wine on Harvest Moon" on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- The Noches Tropicales 2012-2013 concert season will feature an array of music artists and musical genres. For a complete list of artists and concerts visit Miami-Dade Parks.
- Miami-Dade Parks and Zoo Miami have teamed up for the return of Ribfest 2012, a three-day barbecue festival, which features entertainment for the whole family, including live concerts, children's zone, a classic car show and more!
Check out these safety tips for all holiday and seasonal activities.Page Last Edited: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52:56 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.