Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
On Monday, May 26, Memorial Day we remember and honor the sacrifices of men and women who served to preserve our freedom. Take a look at some activities you can enjoy during the holiday, and tips to ensure a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed on Monday, May 26.
- Transit will be running on a Sunday schedule.
- County waste and recycling collection services are scheduled as normal. Facilities will also operate under normal operating hours. Administrative offices are closed.
- Find out about the availability of other County services that day.
Here are a few fun options the whole family can enjoy.
- This year marks the 65th Anniversary of the founding of the Community of Richmond Heights, one of the first suburban neighborhoods developed for Black veterans of WWII. In recognition of this historic occasion, come to a dedication of the Richmond Heights Pioneers Monument at the median of Lincoln Boulevard & Madison Street.
- In celebration of Military Appreciation Month, the Miami-Dade Military Affairs Board and the City of North Miami Beach is presenting a free screening of the documentary "Miami-Dade Golden Veterans: 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War" on Thursday, May 29 at 7 p.m. at Littman Theater, 17011 N.E. 19th Avenue in North Miami Beach. For more information, call 305-375-4493.
- Perez Art Musuem Miami is offering museum tours on May 26 in honor of Memorial Day. See AMERICANA at 11:30 a.m. and Caribbean: Crossroads of the World at 3 p.m. Arrive by Metromover and get free museum admission. Vizcaya Museum and Gardens and PAMM are both proud participants of the Blue Star Museum program, which offers free admission to military personnel and their families this summer from Memorial Day through Labor day.
- Discover the tropical fish, spotted eagle rays, sea stars and coastal birds that share this fragile and unique environment during a Sea Kayak & Snorkel Adventure on May 25 at Key Biscayne.
Traffic and Safety
Use these tips to keep your weekend safe and free of stress.
- Urban Beach Week returns, and that means major changes in traffic patterns on the roadways in and around Miami Beach. Here's what you'll need to know about traffic and parking restrictions in the area.
- Skip driving altogether, if possible. Walk or cab it instead. If you do take to the road, be aware of these roadway construction projects before you go.
- If you're planning a boat excursion, always wear a life jacket and be sure to call ahead before heading to Miami-Dade County marinas to find out the best launch times to avoid delays, as well as to get updates on traffic and parking conditions. Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alerts for text messages about boat ramp closures and re-openings sent to your phone.
- Keep hydrated in the heat to avoid symptoms of heatstroke and heat exhaustion.
- When at the pool, keep an eye on young children and make sure they are supervised.
- It's that time again for barbecue and grilling. Stay safe by following these tips from Miami-Dade Fire Rescue.
- Enjoy a safe day at the beach.
Find out more about this historic day.Page Last Edited: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:11:54 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.