Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
This Memorial Day on Monday, May 30, we remember and honor the sacrifices of men and women who served to preserve our freedom. Take a look at some activities you can enjoy during the holiday, and tips to ensure a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed on Monday, May 30.
- Family Aquatic Center at West Perrine Park: Join the grand opening celebration on Monday, May 30 at 11 a.m. of the first designated ''mini water park'' at West Perrine Park.
- Enjoy a Sea Kayak and Snorkel Adventure May 28 in Key Biscayne, a Sunrise Kayak Adventure May 29 at Crandon Park and a Key Biscayne Kayak Adventure May 29
Traffic and Safety
Use these tips to keep your weekend safe and free of stress.
- Memorial Day Weekend means major changes in traffic patterns on the roadways in and around Miami Beach. Here's what you'll need to know about traffic and parking restrictions in the area.
- If you're planning a boat excursion, always wear a life jacket and be sure to call ahead before heading to Miami-Dade County marinas to find out the best launch times to avoid delays, as well as to get updates on traffic and parking conditions. Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alerts for text messages about boat ramp closures and re-openings sent to your phone.
- Keep hydrated in the heat to avoid symptoms of heatstroke and heat exhaustion.
- When at the pool, keep an eye on young children and make sure they are supervised.
- Pool safety lights create be a hazard at home. Learn about a permit for a safer, low-voltage option for residential pools now available or other options to avoid potential danger.
- It's that time again for barbecue and grilling. Stay safe by following these tips from Miami-Dade Fire Rescue.
- Enjoy a safe day at the beach.
- Hurricane season is just around the corner, starting on June 1.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.