Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Miami Heat Parade
The Miami HEAT victory parade celebrating the hometown team's NBA Championship will take place Monday, June 24 at 11 a.m. The nearly two-mile parade route will start at the corner of SW 8th Street and 2nd Avenue, head east on 8th Street then north on Brickell Avenue, across the bridge and north on Biscayne Boulevard, ending at the American Airlines Arena.
Traffic delays are expected from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in areas surrounding the parade route. City of Miami and Miami-Dade Police will be assisting with the flow of traffic during this time.
If you plan to join in the parade festivities, Miami-Dade County encourages you to stay safe by remembering these tips:
- Stay hydrated – be sure to bring water with you to the parade.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Whether the day is sunny or cloudy, remember to apply sunscreen and insect repellent.
- There’s safety in numbers. Go with a friend and use the buddy system.
- If you are bringing children with you, make sure to supervise them at all times.
- Take a head count of your group before, during and after the event. Establish a meeting place in case one of you gets lost.
- Be aware of your personal property while you’re in the crowd. Try to leave valuable items at home.
- Wear safe, comfortable shoes – preferably close-toed. It’s easy to get your toes stepped on in the crowd.
- Don’t bring pets. The crowds may scare them.
Remember to wear white in support of the white hot HEAT!
Transit Service Update
To accommodate the large crowds expected to attend the Miami Heat victory parade on Monday, June 24, 2013, Miami-Dade Transit will be enhancing its Metrorail and Metromover service, and making it easier for patrons to pay their Metrorail fare by providing ‘express pay’ lanes at Metrorail stations.
Due to road closures in the downtown Miami and Brickell areas, several Metrobus routes will be detoured, including routes 3, 6, 8, 11, 24, 48, 77, 207, 208, C and S.
The Port will remain fully operational, however at 11:15 a.m., for approximately 45 minutes, the Port’s inbound and outbound traffic will stop to allow the passage of the parade caravan. During the parade:
- Biscayne Boulevard will be closed North and South.
- There will be a staging area at the bottom PortMiami’s bridge inbound by Bayside, where representatives of the various cruise lines and shuttles will be staged to assist passengers that walk into the Port to cruise. Passengers are encouraged to contact the cruise lines for further information.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.