Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Happy 4th of July
For ideas on celebrating this Independence Day holiday, check out our 4th of July Guide for the best places to catch fireworks, tips on celebrating safely, plus what County services will be available on the holiday.
Summer is back, and with it comes a slate of summer camps that suit the needs of children with variety of interests and abilities.
Summer is the time to take it easy and delight in what visitors enjoy all year long: Sun, fun and good company. We've gathered up a few ideas, so all you have to do is click and go.
Arts & Culture
- Calling all children, teens and adults—this is your chance to win big… by reading! Sure, reading is its own reward, but Miami-Dade Public Library System's 2014 Summer Reading Program is providing additional incentive with cool prizes for Miami-Dade County's most prodigious readers including an Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, a Celestron Telescope and more. The program kicks off June 7 and runs through July 19.
- The Deering Estate's 2014 Summer Cabaret Concert Series, returns with performances on June 14, July 26 and Aug. 23. Concerts feature eclectic and world music artists performing in an intimate setting in the estate's historic Stone House Ballroom. Attend one or attend them all!
- Deering's Fee-Free P.L.A.Y. days make another appearance this year on July 20, Aug. 16 and Sept. 20. Guests enjoy complimentary admission as well as hands-on eco-art activities, science discovery programs and historic house tours.
- Whether for teens or tots you can do lots at Perez Art Museum Miami including second Saturdays—the next one's on June 14; Teen Girl Fantasy coming up on June 19 and PAMM Art Storytime coming up on June 28, and every fourth Saturday. PAMM has plenty to do for adults too.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a proud participant of the Blue Star Museum program, which offers free admission to military personnel and their families this summer from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Summer Shorts returns to the Adrienne Arsht Center's Carnival Studio Theater on June 15. Have 90 minutes of fun while watching 11 compact plays that range from hilarious, to dramatic to shocking. Beware: it's more of a "PG-13" type event.
- Sparks are flying at the Miami-Dade Public Library this summer as children, teens and adults are reading at an electrifying speed with the Library’s Summer Reading Program. Everyone is invited to participate through Saturday, July 19
- Enjoy a few of your favorite attractions at a sizzling price with the Summer Savings Pass where you'll get unlimited visits to Zoo Miami, Lion Country Safari, the Miami Seaquarium and the Museum of Discovery and Science, now through Sept. 30. The savings are huge: just $56 for adults and $46 for children ages 3-12, plus tax.
Step outside and reap the physical and mental benefits of the great outdoors.
- Make this summer that championship season for your children by signing them up to take part in Miami-Dade County's Championship Sports Series. See what qualities the spirit of competition brings out in your youngsters while taking part in baseball, basketball, cheer & dance, flag football, golf, swimming or track & field tournaments. Events run June through August.
- Discover exotic new fruits at the Redland Summer Fruit Festival, two-day annual event on June 21 & 22 that showcases local agriculture and tropical fruits. Sample delectable treats and yummy foods at vendor booths.
- Miami-Dade without mangoes would be like café without leche or bagels without cream cheese. See a multitude of mango varies during this year's International Mango Festival, July 12-13 at the beautiful Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. The tasty and versatile mango is featured in culinary demonstrations, a mango brunch and a host of fun activities for the kids.
- Oh buoy, it looks like you scuba divers have a new tool for seeking out underwater adventures. The new Reef & Buoy Finder helps divers and boaters pinpoint artificial reefs and offshore mooring buoys.
- Bad weather can not only spoil your fun, it can also be hazardous for boaters. Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alerts so stormy weather doesn't sink your plans.
- Summer weather can be unpredictable. And when you're out and about or stuck indoors, you don't want to be the last to know about severe weather or public safety emergencies. Sign up for Miami-Dade Emergency Alerts so you're always in the loop.
- Check out these summer safety tips to help you and your children withstand summer heat. And don't forget your pets.
- Hurricane Season begins June 1 and runs through Nov. 30. Avoid the chaos and make your preparations now. Use our Hurricane Guide to make sure you know what to do before, during and after a storm.
Palm trees are so Miami, but they don't provide much relief from the summer sun. Help cool things off by adopt up to two free trees at Adopt-a-Tree events taking place on June 14, July 26 and Sept. 14
- July is Smart Irrigation Month
Crispy is fine when it comes to our favorite foods, but not for lawns, especially during the summer months when shoes are optional. Learn how to care for yours without guzzling up precious water resources. Here's a hint: Timing is everything.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.