Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Palm trees are so Miami, but they don't provide much relief from the summer sun. Help cool things off by adopting up to two free trees at Adopt-a-Tree events taking place Sept. 14
Summer is back, and with it comes a slate of summer camps that suit the needs of children with variety of interests and abilities.
Summer is the time to take it easy and delight in what visitors enjoy all year long: Sun, fun and good company. We've gathered up a few ideas, so all you have to do is click and go.
Arts & Culture
- The Deering Estate's 2014 Summer Cabaret Concert Series, returns with performances on Aug. 23. Concerts feature eclectic and world music artists performing in an intimate setting in the estate's historic Stone House Ballroom. Attend one or attend them all!
- Deering's Fee-Free P.L.A.Y. days make another appearance this year on Aug. 16 and Sept. 20. Guests enjoy complimentary admission as well as hands-on eco-art activities, science discovery programs and historic house tours.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a proud participant of the Blue Star Museum program, which offers free admission to military personnel and their families this summer on Labor Day.
- Enjoy a few of your favorite attractions at a sizzling price with the Summer Savings Pass where you'll get unlimited visits to Zoo Miami, Lion Country Safari, the Miami Seaquarium and the Museum of Discovery and Science, now through Sept. 30. The savings are huge: just $56 for adults and $46 for children ages 3-12, plus tax.
Step outside and reap the physical and mental benefits of the great outdoors.
There's always something great going on at Zoo Miami! Zoofari Summer Camp for kids, ages 4-13, can spend the summer at the Zoo interacting with animals and zookeepers. Camps will be held now – August 8. Pre-registration is required and space is limited.
Make this summer that championship season for your children by signing them up to take part in Miami-Dade County's Championship Sports Series. See what qualities the spirit of competition brings out in your youngsters while taking part in baseball, basketball, cheer & dance, flag football, golf, swimming or track & field tournaments. Events run now through August.
Oh buoy, it looks like you scuba divers have a new tool for seeking out underwater adventures. The new Reef & Buoy Finder helps divers and boaters pinpoint artificial reefs and offshore mooring buoys.
- Bad weather can not only spoil your fun, it can also be hazardous for boaters. Sign up for Miami-Dade Marina Alerts so stormy weather doesn't sink your plans.
- Summer weather can be unpredictable. And when you're out and about or stuck indoors, you don't want to be the last to know about severe weather or public safety emergencies. Sign up for Miami-Dade Emergency Alerts so you're always in the loop.
- Check out these summer safety tips to help you and your children withstand summer heat. And don't forget your pets.
- Hurricane Season begins June 1 and runs through Nov. 30. Avoid the chaos and make your preparations now. Use our Hurricane Guide to make sure you know what to do before, during and after a storm.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.