Honor our soldiers this Veterans Day
This Veterans Day, Monday, Nov. 12th, join Miami-Dade County in honoring the sacrifices of our military personnel.
Check out the information below for events and activities going on around the County.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed Monday, Nov. 12th.
- Honor our veterans at the Military Museum of South Florida, Monday, Nov. 12 at 10 a.m.
- If your business is owned and operated by Veterans or Service Disabled Veterans, come present your business to key decision makers at the Veteran's Supplier Day on Nov. 15 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Register now!
- In honor of Veterans Day, Jungle Island will host a food drive on Nov. 11 to benefit the American Veteran Food Assistance Program. Bring a canned good, and admission is just $11. Active military personnel and veterans enter for free with a valid ID.
- Have a ball while helping vets at the upcoming the Palmetto Bay Food & Music Festival on Nov. 11. It's a grand celebration in honor of our brave veterans, which features food, fun and local rock band, The Regs. A $5 portion of each $20 ticket purchased will be donated to Thinking of you Services, a veteran support organization that ships care packages to our troops overseas.
- The Seaquarium will be granting free admission to military, veterans and first responders to mark Veterans Day 2012 -- this special admission will be honored on Sunday and Monday, Nov. 11 & 12.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.