At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Honor our military personnel this Veterans Day
This Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, join Miami-Dade County in honoring the sacrifices of our military personnel.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed Friday, Nov. 11.
- Miami-Dade Transportation and Public Works will run a regular schedule.
- Solid Waste Management will run regular trash pick-up services.
- Miami-Dade Public Libraries will be closed.
- Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed. Cats being presented for Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) Services must be dropped off no later than Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Free pet care vaccinations and waived adoption fees for Veterans
To commemorate Veterans Day, Miami-Dade County Animal Services will honor military veterans residing in Miami-Dade County by offering free pet care packages for their companion cats and dogs as well as waived pet adoption fees from Nov. 7-10.
To be eligible, veterans must present government issued military identification. Adoption fees will be waived for dogs over 4 months old and for cats and kittens.
For more information, visit the Animal Services website or call 3-1-1.
- Town of Miami Lakes Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 6
The 37th Annual Veterans Day Parade will honor active and retired military members. The event will start at 10 a.m. Parade route starts from Bull Run Road and Ludlam Road, and ending in Town Hall.
- Miami Beach Annual Veterans Day Parade on Nov. 11
The annual parade in Miami Beach will take place Ocean Drive from 5 Street to 14 Street, turning on 14 Street until we reach the Flamingo Park Baseball Stadium.
- Town of Surfside Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 11
The ceremony will be held at Veterans Park at 10 a.m. The event will include the Presentation of Colors, local Scout Troops, and guest speakers.
- North Miami Veterans Day Ceremony on Nov. 11
In honor of all who have served, North Miami will have its annual ceremony along 125 Street from NE 6 -12 Avenue in North Miami. The event starts at 10 a.m.
- North Miami Beach Veterans Day Service on Nov. 11
The annual Veterans Day Service will pay tribute to veterans and those who continue to preserve our freedom. The event will take place at the All Wars Memorial Park in the Harry Cohen Complex at 10 a.m.
- Village of Pinecrest Veterans Day Commemoration on Nov. 11
The Village Council will honor veterans with a special program. The event includes Pinecrest Police Department Honor Guard, presentations, music and a picnic lunch. The event is open to the public and starts at 11 a.m.
- 9 Days of Free Admission at Zoo Miami Nov. 11-20
About Veterans Day
Find out more about commemorating Veterans Day.Page Last Edited: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:57:51 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.