At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
2016-17 Winter Holiday Guide
From school break camps, to consumer and safety tips, to fun things to do with the whole family – our Winter Holiday Guide will lighten your load and brighten your spirits. Are you planning a getaway or expecting visitors? We've wrapped it all up for you and tied it in a little bow.
Miami-Dade County offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2.
- Miami-Dade Transit will operate on a regular schedule Monday, Dec. 26. and a 24-hour schedule Saturday, Dec. 31 on Metrorail and Metromover only. Regular services will resume Sunday, Jan. 1 and Monday, Jan. 2.
- Solid Waste Management will not collect curbside garbage on Monday, Dec. 26. The next collection date for those scheduled customers will be Thursday, Dec. 29. The department will operate on normal schedule Monday, Jan. 2. Recycling collection services will not be affected during the holidays.
- Miami-Dade Public Libraries will be closed Dec. 24 and 25 and Dec. 31 to Jan. 2.
- Animal Services Pet Adoption and Protection Center will be closed Jan. 1-2. Cats presented for Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) Services must be dropped off by Dec. 29 in order to allow for proper recovery from sterilization and safe return to the community prior to the holiday.
- Pets are Priceless Dec. 1-31
Animal Services is waiving adoption fees until Dec. 31. Stop by the Pet Adoption and Protection Center or any of our mobile and off-site adoption events and connect with, adopt and fall in love with an adorable pet!
- Zoo Lights at Zoo Miami Dec. 16-30
Enjoy the dazzling lights, carousel rides and photos with Santa Claus at the Zoo. Zoo Lights will not be open Dec. 24 and 25, while Zoo will be open those days.
- Winter Break Camps Dec. 26-30 and Jan. 2-6
Programs will thrill and challenge youngsters, ages 6-14, with a variety of activities from fitness, sports and arts and crafts to games and exciting field trips. Register online.
- Zoo Miami Winter Camps Dec. 26-Jan. 6
Combining education with entertainment, kids ages 4-12 will enjoy learning about our animals, wildlife and environmental conservation. Register online.
- Pitbull's New Year's Revolution Dec. 31
Use Miami-Dade Transit to #RidetotheRevolution happening at Bayfront Park on New Year’s Eve. Ring in the New Year without the fear of having to end the festivities early, because Metrorail and Metromover will be open all night long! No ticket is required to attend the concert (regular Metrorail fares apply).
Travel smart with these handy links to get you on your way with a little less angst.
- Airport Security - know before you go what's allowed and what's not
- Real-time Flight Tracker - check your flight status before jetting off to the airport
- Cruise Season - new ships, new lines at PortMiami
- Take the train to the plane - At only $2 each way and $4 a day for long-term parking, you'll be raving about the savings. Download the EASY Pay app to pay for your 1-day transit pass.
- Baby Stroller Permits
After a hectic day of holiday shopping with your sweet-but-tired munchkin, wouldn't it be nice to have a parking space nearby where you can unload? A Baby Stroller Permit costs only $35 and replacement permits will be $10. Permits are good until your child turns 3 years old.
- Golden Passport
If you are a senior citizens 65 years and over and a permanent Miami-Dade resident, you are eligible to ride transit free with a Golden Passport EASY Card.
- Zoo Miami Membership
Skip long lines, get discounts on food, drinks, gifts and other benefits at Zoo Miami.
- HistoryMiami Membership
A one-year membership entitles you to free year-round admission, discounts to special events and city tours, a 10 percent discount at the gift shop and more. For more information, visit the HistoryMiami Membership Benefits page.
- PAMM Membership
A membership at the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) guarantees free museum admission, discount at the PAMM shop, and a great opportunity to enjoy events and amazing exhibitions for the whole family.
- Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade
When you make purchases on amazon.com, use the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade link and 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases will go to the foundation.
- Support County programs or services
Make a tax deductible donation to the services that matter most to you. Celebrate the spirit of the holiday by giving back to your community through a donation. There are many worthy organizations that can use your help.
- Animal Services Foster Parent Program
Have you ever considered fostering a dog or cat in need of a home? Fostering adoptable animals to live in a temporary home opens up more space at the shelter, giving more homeless pets a second chance at a new life!
Consumer and safety tips
Tips to make this holiday season safer and more enjoyable.Page Last Edited: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:05:06 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.