Homeless Trust Board
Board Composition and Terms
The Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust Board is comprised of a 27-member, broad-based membership representing numerous sectors of our community.
- seven appointments from the business and civic community,
- four appointments from the provider community,
- two formerly homeless persons,
- a representative from the professional/academic community,
- three members of the Miami-Dade League of Cities,
- three representatives from the Greater Miami Religious Leaders Coalition,
- a homeless advocate/formerly homeless person,
- a representative from the Homeless Interfaith Coalition and the
- membership of the Superintendent of Miami-Dade County Public Schools,
- the President of the Miami Coalition for the Homeless,
- the Miami City Manager,
- the district administrator for the Department of Children and Families, and the
- Miami-Dade County Commissioner who chairs the Committee overseeing homeless issues (or in the absence of this committee, a member of the Board of County Commissioners).
Board members serve three (3) year terms and are allowed to appoint designees to attend and vote on their behalf at meetings.
The Trust Board meets monthly and special meetings are called as needed.
The Homeless Trust Board has the following committees that also meet regularly or as may be required:
The Executive Committee
Services Development Committee
Housing Development Committee
the City of Miami Sub-Committee
Finance and Audit Committee
Continuum of Care Sub-Committee
Long Range Planning Committee, and the
Homeless Prevention Sub-Committee Committee
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.