Standards of Care Applying to Permanent Housing Providers Housing and Services
Housing Placement Options
Housing Placement Options: Housing placement options offered to the client shall be consistent with the client's Individualized Continuum of Care Plan and the client's housing preferences, subject to current availability and eligibility criteria established by the Advanced Care Provider. Housing options shall offer the least restrictive environment to the client as may be appropriate to address the needs of the client.
Advanced Care Provider-Operated Housing
Advanced Care-Operated Housing and/or Residential Facilities in General: Advanced care provider-operated housing and/or residential facilities shall maintain safe, clean and sanitary conditions and shall provide clients the opportunity to safe- keep papers, documents and valuables. Advanced care provider-operated housing and/or residential facilities shall comply with all applicable local and state ordinances, laws or regulations governing housing conditions and/or residential facilities, including Housing Quality Standards established by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (U.S. HUD), and shall secure necessary licensing as may be required under such local or state law. Advanced Care Providers shall also comply with all local and state ordinances, laws or regulations governing provision of substance abuse or mental health treatment and care, if applicable to the Advanced Care Provider's housing and/or services program.
Standards Governing Affordable Market Housing Placements
Advanced Care Provider Inspection and Approval of Housing: Advanced care providers assisting clients in locating and securing affordable market housing shall insure that such housing meets the comparable market rent guidelines and housing quality standards established by local, state and/or federal ordinance, law and regulation, as may be applicable.
Standards Governing Termination of Services And Housing
- Termination of Program Services: Violations of advanced care program rules may be grounds for terminating the provision of program services to a client, including, but not limited to, rent subsidies.
- Lease Arrangements: Landlord-based lease agreements, and breaches thereof, shall be governed by local and state ordinances, laws or regulations governing tenancy.
Case Management Services
- Case Management Services: Clients shall be offered client-directed case management services to ensure that clients maintain residential, financial and personal stability after advanced care housing placement. Clients provided assistance in locating and securing affordable market housing, shall be provided case management services for a minimum of ninety days following the date of the housing placement. Case management shall commence with a comprehensive or revised assessment, as the case may be, of the client's current social, health (including mental health and substance use/abuse) and education/employment conditions and needs.
- Areas of Case Management Intervention should include but are not limited to: service planning; assistance in obtaining food and clothing and transportation; referrals for mental health services, substance abuse treatment, and medical services; assistance in maintaining and/or obtaining benefits; and provision and/or referrals to self-sufficiency related programs and services such as adult education, vocational training, job counseling, training and permanent placement services, child care and legal services and transportation.
- Intervention to Prevent Homelessness: In the event that a client is at risk of losing advanced care housing and is in need of an advanced care placement more appropriate for their needs, additional advanced care supportive services, or primary care services within the Continuum to prevent a return to homelessness, case management shall make every effort to ensure that such housing and/or services are made available to the client.
Clothing: Advanced care providers shall assist clients in obtaining appropriate clothing (including appropriate dress for work) if needed. Appropriate clothing in the instance of underwear and socks shall mean new or previously unused items. Donated clothing must be washed/sanitized prior to distribution to clients.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Wed Aug 8, 2012 12:07:22 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.