Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Standards of Care Applying to Transitional Care Facilities Outplacement Services
- Housing Options: The mission and purpose of primary care facilities is to provide housing and supportive and/or treatment/rehabilitative services necessary to assist the client in the transition from homelessness to independent living or permanent supported housing, as applicable. In keeping with this purposed, the primary care facility should make every effort to assist the client in securing an appropriate housing placement as soon as reasonable and appropriate for the client.
- Provider Relationships: Primary care facility case managers are expected to develop strong working relationships with primary and/or advanced care case managers to ensure an effective planning process and smooth transition between housing programs.
- Effective Planning Process to Ensure Smooth Transition: The planning process should strive to ensure that minimal disruption occurs during the transition from one provider to another. The planning process is intended to ensure that services provided to the client at or through referral by the primary care facility are maintained and that the provision of additional services are arranged for the client prior to transfer, consistent with the client's individualized Continuum of Care Plan.
- Outplacement Packet: The necessity to cooperate with both the Primary Care Provider and the provider with whom the client has been placed in order to ensure effective service provision and continuity of care shall be explained to the client. Upon the written consent of the client, an outplacement packet shall be prepared for the provider with whom the client has been placed. The outplacement packet shall contain the client's comprehensive assessment, Continuum of Care Plan and referral history and notes for the purpose of ensuring continuity in service provision and in the client's commitment to his or her goals and objectives.
- Follow-Up Case Management Services: The primary care provider responsible for referral and placement of a client with an advanced care provider or in permanent housing available to the client in the Miami-Dade County community shall provide follow-up case management services to the client for at least ninety (90) days following the date of outplacement.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.