Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Information & Referrals
Businesses looking for information on available resources in Miami-Dade can get help from our referral center. The Business Assistance Unit coordinates efforts with technical and financial assistance providers to help you find the solutions you need. Information regarding economic development programs can also be of great use to business looking for assistance.
Public Housing and Community Development (PHCD) also provides Technical Assistance to Businesses. Businesses looking for information on available resources in Miami-Dade can get help from our referral center. In addition, businesses can access the 2010 PHCD List of Funded Agencies that provide technical assistance to small and medium-sized businesses in the areas of startup, expansion or relocation. The PHCD's Business Assistance Unit coordinates efforts with technical and financial assistance providers to help you find the solutions you need.
Such assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- assessing the clients business needs and capabilities;
- preparation of business plans;
- assisting the client in developing a loan or grant request;
- encouraging good management of the business;
- providing referrals to potential small business owners to aid in obtaining needed financial assistance and guidance from other service providers.
Please call Micro Business USA at 1-877-722-4505 or contact an U.S. Small Business Administration approved lender.
Other sources of business loans include:
- Your Bank or Credit Union
- BAC Funding Corporation - 305-693-3550
- CAMACOL Loan Fund, Inc. - 305-642-7472
- Dade County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) - 305-579-0070
- Florida Export Finance Corporation - 786-845-0400
- Miami-Dade Commercial Revitalization Program - 786-469-2100
- Miami-Dade County Department of Business Development 305-349-5960
- Tools For Change - 305-751-8934
- US Dept. of Commerce & Export Assistance Center - Florida - 305-526-7425
- Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce - 305-571-8006
The length of time it takes to get a loan depends upon the type of loan, credit worthiness and the timely presentation of the required loan documents. The Lending Officer would be the most appropriate person to state the length of time for the loan process.
Women and Minority Programs
You may visit the U.S. Small Business Administration to find out what is presently available
Technical and financial assistance to start new businesses are provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.