Notice: The pre-application period is now closed.
Gran Via Apartments
Gran Via Apartments -located at 12700 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33184- is one of several affordable housing projects funded through Miami-Dade County's Building Better Communities General Obligation Bond Program. Miami-Dade County's Internal Services Department is responsible for development, design, and construction. The property will be managed by a private management firm for Public Housing and Community Development. Gran Via is considered affordable housing, it is not public housing.
The five-story building will have 104 units consisting of studio and one-bedroom apartments, including several full ADA accessible units. The building has energy and environmental features, laundry and storage areas on each floor, a community room, covered parking for residents with controlled gate access, a landscaped plaza and retail space.
The pre-application period is now closed. All pre-applications to Gran Via Apartments were processed through a computerized lottery process and assigned a randomly-selected ranking number. Here are the lottery results
Applicants will receive written notification in the near future.
El período de pre-solicitudes está cerrado y se ha completado el proceso computarizado de lotería para asignar un número de clasificación, seleccionado al azar, de las pre-solicitudes para el complejo de viviendas de Gran Via Apartments. A continuación los resultados de la lotería
Los aplicantes recibirán un aviso por escrito en el futuro próximo.
- A laundry room on each floor.
- Section 8 vouchers will be accepted.
- Free parking for residents and visitors. There will be handicapped parking spaces, but no assigned parking.
- Pets are not allowed, but assistive dogs are permitted.
- Residents will not have to pay for water, sewer or garbage. The building is master-metered for water.
- Electrical is not included. Residents will have to pay for their own electrical.
Units for the disabled
There are three units per floor, for a total of 12 fully-accessible units in the building.
These units have:
- Accessible kitchen with removable/collapsible cabinets doors for wheelchair access
- Accessible bathroom with showers and grab bars included
- 24-hour monitored emergency call system with pull strings in bathrooms and bedrooms
- Building’s fire alarm system connection with audible/visual alert
- Apartment smoke alarm system with audible/visual alert
- Primary unit entrance communication system has audible/visual door notification
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.