As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Facility Admission Criteria
Residents must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be eligible for housing assistance under the Public Housing Program
- Be Medicaid and/or Medicare eligible.
- Be able to perform the activities of daily living with supervision or assistance, if necessary.
- Be at risk of being prematurely placed in a nursing home.
- Not require 24-hour nursing supervision or mental healthcare.
- Must not be bedridden.
- Must not have a history of violent behavior that poses a risk to the health and safety of others.
- Be free from communicable disease. The term “communicable disease” does not include Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), human immunodeficiency virus or any other communicable diseases, which are considered a disability. People with said disabilities are afforded protection from discrimination under State, Federal and local anti-discrimination Laws.
The ALF Administrator or designee will conduct a face to face evaluation to the prospective resident to determine eligibility according to the above criteria. This evaluation will be scheduled upon receipt of the documents completed by you and your health care provider. The required documents are:
- AHCA Form 1823, Resident Health Assessment for Assisted Living Facilities
- AHCA Form MedServ-3008 Form, Medical Certification (1.6 MB)
- Special Transportation Service (STS) Application Form
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.