As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
The HOME Program is designed to:
- Expand the supply of decent and affordable housing, particularly rental housing, for low- and very-low income individuals.
- Strengthen the abilities of State and local governments to design and implement strategies for achieving adequate supplies of decent, affordable housing.
- Provide both financial and technical assistance to participating jurisdictions (entitlement areas) including the development of model programs of affordable housing for very-low and low-income families.
- Expand and strengthen partnerships among all levels of government and the private sector, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, in the production and operation of affordable housing.
Read more about HOME construction financing.
- Application Requirements
- Eligible Applicants
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO)
- Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Activity Requirements
- Eligible Activities
Eligible applicants for HOME funds for affordable housing projects include:
- Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs).
- Other Not-for-profit Organizations
- Private, For-Profit Organizations (including Partnerships and Sole Proprietorships)
Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO)
All Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) must be certified by PHCD before funds are awarded. CHDO funds can be obtained by organizations that have a qualified project without match requirements.Back to Top
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
The County's Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) funding provides housing assistance for renters, emphasizing renters with special needs to assist them with housing costs. These special needs renters may be the chronic homeless, elderly, and/or disabled residents, or children aging out of foster care, in need of housing. Also, funding is provided to provide short and medium-term tenant-based rental housing assistance for individuals and families who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or threatened with economic displacement.Back to Top
HOME funds may be used for the following:
- Rehabilitation of existing units
- Conversion of nonresidential uses to residential uses
- Acquisition of existing units and funds for rehabilitation
- New Construction
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
The Village of Southland
Construction of 99 affordable multi-family units (Phase I, Bldg. B; 51 units, 5-story)
11293 SW 216 Street, Miami, FL 33189
South Dade Community Development, LLC
Circle Creek Apartments (Garden Style)
New construction of 100 affordable rental housing units (3 story building - 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms) on vacant land serving Leisure City/Naranja NRSA.
South side of SW 260 Street, approx. 1,200 ft West of Old South Dixie Highway
Circle Creek Apartments, LTD
La Joya Apartments
Construction of 150 affordable multi-family units.
SW 268 Street and SW 143 Avenue, Naranja, FL 33032
Tower Road Gardens, LTD
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance programs
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance programs include a countywide program for youth aging out of foster care and assistance for low-income families impacted by disabilities.
Community Housing Development Organization projects
Currently-funded projects include the Circle Creek Apartments and Magnolia North Apartments.
Back to Top
Magnolia North 2145 Apartments
New construction of multi-family apartment complex comprised of 12 units of low to moderate income units.
2145 Lincoln Avenue, Opa-locka, FL 33054
Magnolia North 2145 Apartments, LLC
St. John Bahamas Village Apartments
New construction of 9 affordable rental apartments to provide housing for low income families.
143 NW 77 Street, Miami, FL 33150
143 NW 77th Street, LLC
Magnolia North Community Center
Public facility funds for the Magnolia North Community Center project located within the City of Opa-locka.
14805 Johnson Street, Opa-locka, FL 33054
Magnolia North Johnson Street Apartments, LLC
Magnolia North 15037 Duval Apartments
Rehabilitation of a quad-plex rental development in Opa-locka's Magnolia North Neighborhood.
15037 Duval Street Opa-locka, FL 33054
Magnolia North 15037 Duval Apartments, LLC
McFarlane District Historic Preservation Initiative
Preservation and rehabilitation of historic of three (3) homes located within the McFarlane Homestead Historic District located in Coral Gables, FL (between Grand Avenue and US-1)
110 Oak Avenue, 121 Florida Avenue, and 134 Florida Avenue in Coral Gables, Florida 33133
Miami-Dade County Regulatory and Environmental Resources
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.