At this time, Miami-Dade County is monitoring Hurricane Matthew.
Please visit our Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
CDBG-funded public service activities are typically categorized under the Low-Mod Income (LMI) Benefit National Objective as Low-Mod Clientele (LMC) activities. Limited Clientele (LMC) activities must benefit a specific targeted group of persons, of which 51% must be Low-Mod Income. In order to meet the LMC criteria, the activity must:
- Serve at least 51% Low-Moderate Income persons, as evidenced by documentation and data concerning beneficiary family size and income;
- Have income-eligibility requirements which limit the service to persons meeting the LMI income requirement, as evidenced by the administering agency’s procedures, intake/application forms, income limits, and other sources of documentation; and
- Serve primarily LMI persons.
Public Service activities must principally benefit low- and moderate-income persons. Entities eligible for funding include Miami-Dade County Departments, Participating Municipalities, and not-for-profit Community Based Development Organizations (CBDOs) and Community Development Corporations (CDCs). Eligible activities under the Public Service category are governed by US HUD regulations under 24 CFR 570.201(e). The CDBG regulations allow the use of grant funds for a wide range of public service activities, including, but not limited to:
- Transportation Services
- Recreational services
- Employment services (e.g., job training)
- Education programs
- Energy conservation
- Crime prevention and public safety
- Services for senior citizens
- Child care
- Services for homeless persons
- Health services
- Substance abuse services (e.g., Counseling and treatment)
CDBG funds may be used to pay for labor, supplies, and material as well as to operate and/or maintain the portion of a facility in which the public service is located. This includes the lease of a facility, equipment, and other property needed for the public service.Back to Top Back to Top Back to Top Page Last Edited: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:20:26 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.