Before You Apply
Miami-Dade County only accepts online applications for employment.
All employment applications must be completed online and submitted electronically. If you do not have access to a personal computer, Miami-Dade County has a number of public computers available for your use.
Completing the employment application is not difficult but will take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
Before you begin, you should have the following information or documents ready:
- Driver's license number, license class and expiration date (if required)
- List of employers, with employment dates and occupational titles
- List of schools, with attendance dates and degrees earned
- Licenses and certificates required, issue and expiration dates, names of licensing or certifying bodies
Computers Available to the Public
Miami-Dade County has a number of computers available for the public's use. There are computers available to the public at all Miami-Dade Public Library locations. Find the library located closest to you.
Computers are also available at the sites listed below. If the address is not noted in this page, click on the underlined name to identify the location closest to you.
- Florida International University libraries
- Miami-Dade College libraries
- South Florida Workforce Career Centers
- City of Hialeah Public Library
190 West 49 Street, Hialeah
- North Miami Beach Public Library
1601 NE 164 Street
- North Miami Public Library
835 NE 132 Street
- Hazel Crawford Neighborhood Resource Center
1528 NE 152 Street
- Highland Village Neighborhood Resource Center
13565 NE 21 Avenue
- Uleta Neighborhood Resource Center
16880 NE 4 Court
Personal E-mail Accounts
There are many websites that offer free e-mail accounts upon registration. Please set up your account now so you can sign in and apply for a job that interests you.
Most of our communications with applicants will be by e-mail. Therefore, to apply for a job, access system information and receive notifications, you must have an e-mail address. You will need to check your e-mail account on a regular basis.
Sharing of Email Address
Each user account or profile must have its own e-mail address. Your friend and you cannot share accounts or profiles and cannot share e-mail addresses.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.