Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Vendor Provided Training
Human Resources has made available an extensive offering of vendor provided training through a pool of approved vendors to County departments. Course offerings are available in various learning formats such as instructor led, online, group and mentored.
Training courses are offered in three categories:
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Technical (Oracle, MS.NET, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Professional (Project Management, Change Management, Business Finance, etc.)
How does the process work?
- Department identifies training need.
- Department completes enrollment application and submits to Human Resources Department.
- Human Resources Department requests a bid for the specific course(s) from the pool of qualified vendors.
- Human Resources Department notifies the requesting department of the course information.
- County employee attends the course.
- Human Resources verifies attendance records and processes payment.
County employees can participate in these courses with departmental approval.
Group classes are available and are part of this bid award, please call us to make those arrangements.
Cancellation and No Show Policy
Many courses build upon skills developed in earlier classes. It is important that the course prerequisite be completed or mastered before moving on to the next level class. Employees are responsible for ensuring that they have met the prerequisites for any course that they want to take.
On the day of class, employees must arrive 15 minutes prior to start time.
For additional information on specific course offerings, locations, and costs, email Delores Neuman, Human Resources Department or 305-375-3713.Back to Top
Learn Where You Earn
Miami-Dade County in partnership with Miami-Dade County Public Schools offers employees the opportunity to earn their GED online while working.
Students benefit from:
- User-friendly software
- Work at your own pace - anytime of the day
- Work from home, work - anywhere with internet access
- Helpful and friendly teachers
- Lessons customized to your needs
For more information or to register for a course, please visit The Learning Center (TLC) Online.Back to Top
Tuition Refund Program
Miami-Dade County's Tuition Refund Program was adopted by the Board of County Commissioners on August 27, 1963 to encourage County employees to improve their effectiveness by obtaining additional training.
The information outlined in this web site provides the procedures that should be followed to participate in this employee development benefit.
- Administrative Order No. 7-4
- Approval Form
- Authorization for Educational Institution to Disclose Financial and Course Information
- Claim Form
- Search accredited postsecondary institutions
- Tuition Refund Processing Checklist
- Tuition Refund Program Workflow
- Tuition Reimbursement Claim Form
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.