Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Emergency Operations Center has been activated and is closely monitoring Erika. For any updates about County facilities and services, please visit: http://www.miamidade.gov/emergency
Supervisory Leadership Development Program
The Supervisory Leadership Development program was developed by Florida International University in collaboration with Miami-Dade County. The program is a two-day certificate program for supervisory/professional level employees that offers tools and strategies to meet the unique challenges Miami-Dade County leaders face in the workplace.
The Supervisory Leadership Development program includes interactive activities and discussions on topics affecting Miami-Dade County. All 16 leadership competencies will be covered at varying degrees providing maximum benefit to participants.
The program is by invitation only and runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Internal Services Department will contact eligible employees to be scheduled for this training program.
Upon completion of this certificate program, participants will:
- Understand how each employee contributes to delivering excellence every day
- Know how high-performing teams achieve common goals and drive results
- Gain knowledge on how to build accountability within teams and among departments
- Involve others to increase collaborative decision making, improve communication, and effect positive results
- Gain information, skills, and knowledge on how to apply effective team skills to solve group problems and build strong working relationships
- Develop skills on effective coaching and conflict prevention
- Develop techniques on effective recognition, delegation, and empowerment, and
- Gain information, skills, and knowledge on effective performance management and employee feedback.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.