Important Global Message
Fair Employment Training
The Office of Human Rights and Fair Employment Practices designs and facilitates programs in valuing and managing diversity to promote better cross-cultural communication and inter-cultural competencies, and develops and administers training programs with an emphasis toward creating a discrimination-free environment.
The Office of Human Rights and Fair Employment Practices provides anti-discrimination training to management in order to:
- Update management on new developments in the field of fair employment
- Fully inform top-tier management of civil rights issues that affect departments and employees
- Provide strategies so that Directors are enabled to promote fair employment and effect corrective action where appropriate
- Promote a bias-free work environment by enabling departments to implement proactive measures in compliance with Miami-Dade County's affirmative action policies and goals
- Create awareness of supervisory responsibilities and liabilities in EEO cases and provide managers and supervisors with pertinent equal employment opportunity information to assist them in their compliance efforts
The Office of Human Rights and Fair Employment Practices provides assistance to departments in the following areas:
- Investigation and resolution of departmental discrimination complaints
- Enforcement of equal opportunity policies and initiatives within the department
- Preparation of an annual Department Affirmative Action Plan containing goals, and quarterly reports documenting efforts to achieve goals
- Coordination of departmental affirmative action efforts with The Office of Human Rights and Fair Employment Practices, including special recruitment efforts
- Training in investigative techniques
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.