As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Watches & Warnings - Terms You Need to Know
- Tropical Storm Watch - Tropical storm conditions are possible, usually within 48 hours.
- Tropical Storm Warning - Tropical storm conditions are expected, usually within 36 hours.
- Hurricane Watch - Hurricane conditions are possible, usually within 48 hours.
- Hurricane Warning - Hurricane conditions are expected, usually within 36 hours.
- Evacuation Order* - A mandatory order(s) directing the evacuation of appropriate area(s) of Miami-Dade County deemed to be in danger.
*Evacuation orders depend on a hurricane’s track and projected storm surge.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri May 22, 2015 9:15:56 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.