Recreation & Culture
Parks & Recreation
- Miami-Dade County Park and Recreation Department is the
in the United States, consisting of
including golf courses, nature preserves, marinas, campgrounds, a championship tennis center and Zoo Miami - it totals nearly
- Our Park and Recreation Department is the
1st to ever win
the Florida Governor's Sterling Award for performance excellence.
- More than
people have used free Wi-Fi service at four of Miami-Dade's largest public parks.
- Since 1957, Miami-Dade Parks & Recreation has served
1 million children
with out-of-school programs including summer, winter & spring break camps, and after school programs.
- Parks held a Family Festival of Fun and Games serving
at Kendall Indian Hammocks Park in February 2010.
- The Natural Areas Management (NAM) was established to restore and manage naturally occurring plant and animal communities. NAM manages
21,500 natural area acres
- This year, Miami-Dade County will offer
free park programs, including crafts, socials, games, exercise sessions and field trips at seven park locations.
- Zoo Miami is a
740-acre cageless zoo
that is recognized as the only zoo in the continental United States situated in a sub-tropical climate with more than
-- that's the number of
out from the Miami-Dade County Public Library System during FY 2008-2009, including books, CDs, DVDs and other media.
- Our libraries get more popular every year - more than
8.3 million visitors
last year, and another
used the Library Department's great online resources.
Print E-mail Page
- As the arts scene grows in Miami-Dade, we will provide
in grants to help sustain
400 cultural groups
competitive grants programs strategically invest in and directly support more than
cultural organizations annually.
- The County’s Art in Public Places program, with more than
600 works of art
in its collection, is a major countywide “museum” of art created by Miami-Dade based artists and by artists from all over the world.
- This year, Miami-Dade County will distribute
Golden Tickets Arts Guides to senior citizens providing hundreds of
to local cultural events.
Recreation & Culture Resources