Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Citizens and government working together
The Commission on Disability Issues (CODI) enables citizens and their government to work together to make Miami-Dade County a place where people with disabilities can fulfill their greatest potential for independence and achievement.
- Provided advice on the design of the multi-million dollar Marlins Ballpark with the concept that it should not just meet minimum ADA requirements but should be welcoming to people with disabilities.
- Helping to establish requirements for a new para-transit contract.
- Provided advice on the design for the County Courthouse barrier removal project.
- Provided advice to the County regarding criteria for accessibility to the new busway and to probable destinations.
- Worked to have Commission meetings closed-captioned.
- Working to establish criteria for audible pedestrian signals.
- Working with the CAA on the Single Family Rehab Program for People with Disabilities.
- Working with the Airport to make it more user-friendly to people with disabilities.
- Working with Public Works to improve sidewalk repairs and curb cuts.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.