Commission on Disability Issues
The Commission on Disability Issues (CODI) is an official advisory board to the Miami-Dade County Commission.
Advising all on disability issues
CODI advises both the Board of County Commissioners and the County administration on issues affecting people with disabilities. County staff may be invited to CODI meetings to make presentations, provide information or discuss issues.
All meetings of CODI are open to the public and are held in accessible facilities. If you need an accommodation to participate in the meeting please call 305-375-2013 or email email@example.com at least 5 days prior to the meeting.
The Commission on Disability Issues (CODI) enables citizens and their government to work together to make Miami-Dade County a place where people with disabilities can fulfill their greatest potential for independence and achievement.
Become a CODI Member
Persons interested in becoming CODI members must demonstrate a commitment to the advancement of people with disabilities. Applicants must fill out an application and attend at least two CODI meetings. The CODI Membership Committee reviews applications and makes recommendations to the full CODI commission. County ordinance requires that all applicants be approved by CODI before being submitted as candidates for consideration to County Commissioners with open appointments.
- Taxicab Transport of Service Animals
- Paratransit Status
- Continuation of Paratransit
- Support of Marlins Ballpark
- Uniform Building Codes - Proposed Florida SB 2078C1
- Federal HUD significantly decrease the minimum income requirement of for a person with a disability
- Inclusive Home Design Act of 2002, Support of H. R. 5683, the ' which is also known as Visitability
- 2008 Accessible Taxi Cab Ordinance
- Office of Emergency Management opinion
- 18th Floor Restrooms in Stephen P. Clark Center opinion
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.