Violence Intervention Project (VIP)
The Violence Intervention Project (VIP) being implemented by the Juvenile Services Department creates a strategic, ongoing, public outreach campaign that addresses the devastating violence plaguing our communities.
The VIP is an effort to stem the epidemic of youth violence through prevention, intervention and advocacy. Through the innovative strategies of the VIP campaign, a wide spread population of youth from at-risk communities, as well as throughout the County, become leaders, and spread the word about alternatives to violence. These young leaders will take their message to the streets, the classrooms, the halls of government, and the media.
Goals of VIP
- To engage Miami-Dade youth in a movement against the violence
- To help youth embrace anti-violence as the acceptable means of conflict resolution
- To engage all youth, including “troubled youth”, in continuous interactive dialogue that will help to identify causes and effects of violent behavior
- To let youth become leaders who will educate adults and other young people on the issues
- To let youth develop strategies for change
The young people in our community will have the opportunity to let their voices be heard as they digest the issues in terms, and by mediums, that are youth based. They will become part of the visionary solution.
For more information, contact Carol Brown at 305-755-6142.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55:52 PM
Violence Intervention Project
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.