As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Communications companies which utilize the public rights-of-way must register with the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department. These companies pay a communications tax to the State.
How to Apply
Any person(s) or corporation commencing or engaging in the construction, maintenance of, or occupation of the public rights-of-way with, a system designed to deliver Communications Services by utilizing the public rights-of-way must apply for a Communications Services Providers Registration with Miami-Dade County.
Bring with you:
- Completed original application plus two copies.
- Identification of applicant’s fiscal year calendar.
- An updated street map that indicates the routes the system plant utilizes.
- A description of the general nature and size of the proposed telecommunication system’s plant and equipment that registrant intends to have occupy the public rights-of-way.
- A copy of Federal and/or State certification authorizing the applicant to provide telecommunications services.
- A copy of any administrative or legal decision in which the registrant was determined to have violated a law or regulation governing the use of the public right-of-way.
- Evidence of the insurance coverage required under Section 8AA-124 of the Code of Miami-Dade County.
- A performance bond or an irrevocable letter of credit issued by a Florida bank or a federally insured lending institution in the amount of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000).
- A description of what the communications services will be used for to include information detailing if the applicant is a dealer of communications services to end users in Florida.
- An affirmation that existing and future customers of applicant do not and will not utilize applicant's facilities to provide unlicensed cable services or an unlicensed cable system as defined in Section 8AA-2 of the Miami-Dade County Code.
Monday through Friday (except holidays) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If the Director finds that an application is incomplete, the application for the Communications Services Providers Registration shall be returned to the applicant with a letter describing any and all insufficiencies found in the application. The applicant may then reapply for a Communications Services Providers Registration upon correcting the deficiencies noted by the Director.
Change of Ownership
In the event of a change in ownership of a Communications Services Providers Registration, a written notice of any such transfer, sale or assignment shall be provided to the Director within 20 days after the effective date of the transfer, sale or assignment.
Changes in any material aspect of the Communications Services Providers Registration shall be provided to the Regulatory and Economic Resources Department in writing 10 days of the change.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.