Skip Navigation
Last Visited »

Hurricane Irma

As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.

County Employees Registered as Domestic Partners

Any Miami-Dade County employee who is a party to a registered Domestic Partnership relationship can elect to select insurance coverage for his or her domestic partner or their children in the same manner as an employee may elect coverage for a spouse or unmarried dependent child. Registered employees are entitled to all forms of leave provided by the County, including sick, annual, funeral, and family leave to care for his or her domestic partner or the children or parents of the domestic partner, as applicable.

The terms of the Domestic Partnership ordinance may be enforced by persons other than County employees, and by County employees against private businesses, through the filing of a private action in any court of competent jurisdiction for declaratory or injunctive relief or both. County employees may also file a complaint with the Office of Human Rights and Fair Employment Practices.

For more information about Domestic Partner health benefits for County employees, log on to County employees may also call 305-375-4288 for all benefits questions pertaining to Medical, Dental, Vision plans or 305-375-5633 for questions pertaining to Deferred Compensation, retirement, group legal, and disability income protection plans. Department Personnel Officers can also assist employees with questions relating to personnel benefits under this ordinance.

Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:28:49 PM

You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.

Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.