Incorporation & Annexation
The Community Redevelopment and Municipal Services Division (CRMSD) of the Office of Management and Budget focuses on Incorporation and Annexation policies in Miami-Dade County. Areas of focus include:
- support of Municipal Advisory Committees (MACs)
- processing and supporting citizen initiated incorporation petitions
- processing annexation petitions with municipalities
- assisting in the transition process with newly formed municipalities and
- development and execution of all necessary studies, negotiations and agreements to fully implement all of the Incorporation and Annexation policies approved by the BCC
Incorporation is the process whereby a new city, town, or village is created upon the majority vote by the electorate contained within the area to be considered pursuant to requirements contained in the Miami-Dade County Code.
Annexation is the process whereby an established municipality amends its boundaries by adding lands that were previously outside of its boundaries pursuant to requirements contained in the Miami-Dade County Code.
Municipal Advisory Committees
Municipal Advisory Committees of Miami-Dade County.
2013 Task Force
Task Force created by the Board of County Commissioners to review the Annexation and Incorporation processes in Miami-Dade County.
See the reports related to incorporations and annexations.
Frequently Asked Questions.Back to Top Page Last Edited: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01:08 AM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.