As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Clean Up & Green Up Poster & Video Contest
Poster and Video Contest
This year, we invite all elementary, middle and high school students to help promote environmental stewardship by designing a poster and/or video that illustrates this year's theme: Dream. Draw. Do. Miami-Dade County belongs to YOU!
How do you take pride in Miami-Dade County every day? What do you do on a daily basis to make our community more clean, green, and beautiful? How do you lead your friends, school or family in activities that make a positive impact on our community's image? What is your dream for Miami-Dade County? What actions can other residents take to make Miami-Dade County clean, green and beautiful?
All entries will be accepted January 7, 2019 and must be submitted no later than February 8, 2019.Back to Top
- The poster contest is open to all students in grades 1-12 in any school within Miami-Dade County.
- Contest Entry Form must be submitted with poster (attached to the back) to be eligible to win.
- All artwork must be original, not derivative and not generated by computer (except students in grades 9-12).
- Only students in grades 9-12 may submit digital artwork. Poster must be printed out and submitted to be eligible.
- Students may use any medium except oil-based paints.
- Posters cannot be larger than 22" X 28."
- One poster per student. One artist per poster.
- Posters must be original designs created by the student.
- The poster will be evaluated on the following three criteria:
- relevance to theme
- The video contest is open to all students in grades 9-12 in any school within Miami-Dade County.
- Each video must be submitted by students who belong to the same school.
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube.
- Video should be able to be viewed by the public until judging concludes.
- Video must be original and created by students.
- Video cannot exceed two minutes in length.
- Videos must be submitted by groups of no more than five students.
- Contest submittal form must be submitted with video link. Each student's name must be included in the submittal form along with the link.
- Each school may be represented by multiple groups of students (i.e., each school may submit more than one entry).
- Only one video per student group will be accepted.
Great prizes are available for the winning students and their teachers. First, second and third place prizes will be awarded to three students and their teachers in each grade level: elementary, middle and high school for the poster contest. Prizes will be awarded to up to five high school students and their teachers for the video contest.Back to Top
Neat Streets Miami Manager
275 NW 2nd Street
Miami, Florida 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.