As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
Street Tree Matching Grant
Our Street Tree Matching Grant program is now in its third year, and continues to push forward in an attempt to reach the Million Trees Miami goal of one million trees planted by 2020 to achieve a 30 percent tree canopy for Miami-Dade County. Funded by Miami-Dade County, this grant engages municipalities, non-profits and community organizations in planting native or Florida-friendly trees on the County's corridors and gateways.
The goal of this program is to leverage the County's street tree program by encouraging investments on County or local streets.
Grants of $5,000 to $25,000 will be awarded to communities that demonstrate the greatest benefits for residents, employers and visitors, and can provide a stewardship plan for our joint investment.
Eligible candidates include municipalities, non-profits and community organizations. Grant applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to areas with low-to-moderate income populations and/or with 20 percent or less tree canopy
- Match (availability of funds)
- Community outreach component (plan to engage public for approval of project)
- Impact (diversity of tree species, number of trees, location)
- Ability to implement project by deadline
- Maintenance Plan (short-term and long-term)
- Grant announcement: Oct. 25, 2017
- Grant information webinar: Nov. 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Application deadline : Dec. 22, 2017
- Award announcements: Feb. 16, 2018
- Planting by July 27, 2018
- Final report by August 10, 2018
For more information or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-755-7849.
Neat Streets Miami Manager
275 NW 2nd Street
Miami, Florida 33128
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.