As we continue our recovery and cleanup efforts, please visit the Emergency website for the latest information on openings and closings in Miami-Dade County.
What You Can Do
Whether you are walking, biking, taking transit or driving, you can be part of the solution.
- Read the Local Action Plan and Complete Streets Guidelines.
- Participate in an upcoming bike ride or event.
- Learn about Florida Department of Transportation's Distracted Driving Awareness Campaign.
You can also follow some basic guidelines and tips to help make our streets, and keep yourself, safer:
- Keep your eyes on the road.
- Slow Down.
- Expect walkers and cyclists.
- Put on your blinker.
- Obey traffic signals and stop signs.
- Share the road.
- Go with the traffic flow.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Yield to traffic when appropriate.
- Refrain from weaving in and out of cars.
- Signal your moves to others.
- Stay alert at all times.
- Watch for parked cars.
- Cross in designated areas.
- If there is a sidewalk, use it.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road to observe incoming traffic.
- Don't use your cell phone while you are walking.
- When crossing at a signaled intersection, wait until the light is red for the motorists.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.