The Property Search allows you to view detailed information for properties in Miami-Dade County.
The Comparable Sales Tool allows you to access and compare real estate sale information for properties in Miami-Dade County.
The Tax Estimator provides an approximate amount of taxes that may be due on a property.
The Tax Comparison allows you to view a property's tax information for the current and previous year and lists changes by taxing district.
Important Global Message
The Miami-Dade County Portal will be undergoing maintenance starting at 11 p.m. Saturday, May 3 and for all of Sunday, May 4. Intermittent outages may be experienced. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience as we improve our online services.
Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM)
The Office of the Property Appraiser urges you to read your TRIM Notice carefully. Although the Notice states, “This is not a bill”, it reflects what your 2013 taxes are likely to be on your November 2013 property tax bill.
The Notice contains very important information pertaining to your 2012 and 2013 property taxes in the following categories:
- Ad Valorem Taxes -- Proposed taxes based on the value of your property
- Non Ad Valorem Taxes -- Proposed fees for services such as garbage, fire, and lighting
Please note that the Property Appraiser's does not set tax rates nor does it collect taxes. Questions concerning taxes should be directed to the Taxing Authority listed on your Notice.
- Property Values -- Value of the property as of January 1
- Exemptions & Other Benefits -- All exemptions, classifications, and assessment reductions applied to the property
For all questions pertaining to the values and exemptions listed in your Notice, please call the Property Appraiser’s Office at 305-375-4712. We are available to help you and address any questions and concerns about the values and exemptions in the Notice.
Additional assistance is available through a variety of online TRIM resources.
- Tax Comparison Calculator
- TRIM Online Look-up
- Tax Visualizer (illustrates how property taxes are distributed)
- TRIM Notice (Online access to your individual TRIM Notice)
- Real Estate TRIM Guide English/Spanish (817 KB)
- Real Estate TRIM Guide Creole (201 KB)
- Tangible Business Property Guide English/Spanish (1.16 MB)
- Tangible Business Property Guide Creole (201 KB)
- Senior Savings Table (115 KB)
- Value Adjustment Board (Information about appealing property values / exemptions)
- 2014 TRIM Letter & Assessment Review Form
- 2014 TRIM Letter Creole
The TRIM Notice lists the various taxing authorities that collect property taxes and their respective budget hearing dates. In addition to the County, there are several other agencies that levy taxes against your property. These include municipal governments, the School Board, South Florida Water Management District, Children's Trust, Florida Inland Navigational District and the Everglades Project.
Before taxing authorities can levy taxes against your property they are required to hold public budget hearings. The dates, times, and locations for all budget hearings are listed on the Notice and you are encouraged to participate in each of the hearings.
Appealing Your Assessment
Property owners are encouraged to complete an Assessment Review Form or schedule an appointment with the Property Appraiser's Office to discuss concerns about values and/or exemptions, in one-on-one conferences with evaluators. If the concerns are not resolved, the property owners have the option of appealing to the Value Adjustment Board.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.