2014 property values now available online, new Property Search features unveiled
The 2014 property values are now available online at www.miamidade.gov/pa. The values have been posted well ahead of the Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM), which are scheduled to be mailed in late August, so that property owners have more time to address any questions they may have before their final tax bills arrive. This announcement comes days after the highly anticipated release of the 2014 June 1st Estimates of Taxable Values. Property owners who believe their property assessment is incorrect can download an Assessment Review Form from our website and submit it to our office. Although, if they prefer to visit our office in person, they can also schedule an appointment online; or call our office at 305-375-4712.
Additionally, Property Appraiser Lazaro Solis continues his efforts to bring accessibility, innovation and information through enhancements on our website. On March 3rd, the Office of the Property Appraiser launched a fully re-designed website and a new version of the Property Search.
Today, Mr. Solis is pleased to announce the release of Phase II of the 2014 Property Search. The new enhancements include:
A new section “Additional Information” has been added and contains the following:
- The property’s “Land Use and Restrictions”
- Links to “Other Governmental Jurisdictions” such as cities, the School Board, the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD), etc.
- A link to government facilities and community services near the property
The ability to:
- Detach the aerial map into its own window allowing for a larger viewing window
- View prior years aerial imagery
- Search by Subdivision name
- On the map, double click on a condominium complex to list the individual property owners
In a statement Property Appraiser Solis stated, “We must keep up with the demands of the citizens of Miami-Dade County and provide them with tools that can help them better understand their property values.”