Property Search Wins Prestigious Award
The Miami-Dade County Office of the Property Appraiser’s Property Search is the winner of a Center for Digital Government 2015 Digital Government Achievement Award. The application, which launched on March 3, 2015, is the most popular website on miamidade.gov, won in the Government-to-citizen Local Government category for its enhanced, mobile-friendly design. The Office of the Property Appraiser collaborated with the County’s Community Information and Outreach and Information Technology departments on the new and improved Property Search Application.
The Property Search averages over 25,000 views per day and is by far the most visited of the County’s webpages. Back in 2013-2014, visitors to the site were asked to submit suggestions and ideas on how the Property Search could be improved. “We took the public’s input and used it to bring more accessibility and innovation to the website,” said Property Appraiser Pedro J. Garcia.
The enhancements made to the property search include:
- Mobile friendly design
- New detailed report
- Improved owner name and address search capability
- Detailed Land, Building, and Extra Features information
- Full list of owners
- Sales verification
- Complete list of property addresses
- New imagery and map features:
- Geo-zoom feature
- View angle (oblique) view of property
- View various geographic boundaries, such as: municipality, commission districts, and zoning
- Link to Google Street View
- A new section “Additional Information” has been added and contains the following:
- The property’s “Land Use and Restrictions”
- Links to “Other Governmental Jurisdictions” such as cities, the School Board, the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD), etc.
- A link to government facilities and community services near the property
- The ability to:
- Detach the aerial map into its own window allowing for a larger viewing window
- View prior years aerial imagery
- Search by Subdivision name
- On the map, double click on a condominium complex to list the individual property owners
“In this day and age, staying at the forefront of innovation and accessibility is vital to our community. I will continue to focus our efforts on providing better services in a more efficient manner for the residents of Miami-Dade County,” said Property Appraiser Pedro J. Garcia.
Winners will be recognized during an awards ceremony on Sept. 25 in New Orleans.