Miami-Dade County Property Owners to Receive 2018 Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM) in the Mail
Miami-Dade County, FL – Property Appraiser Pedro J. Garcia is mailing the Notice of Proposed Property Taxes (TRIM) on Friday, August 24, to all property owners. Included is a guide to help them better understand their proposed taxes. The mailing also contains a letter from Property Appraiser Garcia informing property owners, who believe their property may be over assessed, to complete an Informal Assessment Review Form. This process will help us address any value concerns they may have much quicker than appealing through the Value Adjustment Board (VAB).
Please note that the TRIM Notice is also available online at www.miamidade.gov/pa.
The TRIM Notice includes important information about each individual property:
- The property’s assessed value as of January 1, 2018
- Exemptions, if any, applied to the property
- The proposed taxes calculated based on the taxing authorities’ proposed millage rates
- The dates, times and venues of budget hearings for each of the taxing authorities
Property Appraiser Garcia stated, “It is important that property owners understand their TRIM Notice. I invite you to meet directly with me and my staff if you have any questions regarding your assessment or property tax benefits. Please let us help you before you receive your Tax Bill in November.”
Additionally, included with the TRIM Notice is a letter from Property Appraiser Garcia listing four upcoming outreach events where staff will be available to personally assist property owners. Property owners should bring documents they believe will support an assessment reduction, such as comparable sales, appraisals, photographs of the property and insurance claim paperwork.
The dates and locations of the outreach events are as follows:
- August 30, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. - South Dade Regional Library, 10750 SW 211 Street, Cutler Bay, FL 33189
- September 5, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. - Milander Center, 4800 Palm Avenue, Hialeah, FL 33012
- September 13, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. - West Dade Regional Library, 9445 SW 24 Street, Miami, FL 33165
- September 18, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. - North Dade Regional Library, 2455 NW 183 Street, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
Property owners may also visit our office in Downtown Miami at 111 NW 1st Street, 7th Floor or the South-Dade Government Center at 10710 SW 211th Street, 2nd Floor, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.